.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
A Collection of Random Thoughts
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
 
Lotus Notes on the decline?
Paul Robichaux recently blogged about this article as well. It will be interesting to see the reaction from some of the Lotus faithful (esp. Ed Brill). I'll also be waiting to see the 2004 numbers, and the opinions of the analysts. I'm sure I'm not in the right crowd to hear who is migrating "from" Exchange "to" Notes, but I do hear an awful lot about companies migrating the other way. Recently, I heard that Symantec, who has acquired Veritas (which in turn previously acquired KVS), will decide to move from Notes to Exchange. If this is true, it will be a big win for the Exchange team. Now that Exchange has reached 1 billon in revenue, it appears it has nowhere to go but up, at least if the numbers that Daniel Lyons quotes are any indicator. Don't get me wrong here - there are a lot of things that could be improved with Exchange, and I think that Notes makes some things a bit easier, but I enjoy working with Exchange and I can usually make it do what I want.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger