.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
A Collection of Random Thoughts
Friday, September 02, 2005
 
WinFS news
The WinFS team has a blog, and posted a very interesting (and way cool) information piece on one way WinFS will be able to be utilized.  It looks awesome.  I'd like to see the current release notes go a bit more in depth about how WinFS can be used, though.  I've downloaded and installed the beta, but unfortunately, I now have no idea what to do with it.  Do I move my current folders into the WinFS store?  Do I simply create new folders within the WinFS store and use them going forward?  What other bits of software do I need on my computer to utilize WinFS?  Can Outlook 2003 be used in the way described in the blog (as asked in one of the comments)?
 
I understand this is just a beta1 release, but if folks don't know what to do with it, I'm not sure how it's going to get the message out that WinFS is going to be awesome.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger