.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
A Collection of Random Thoughts
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
 
Installing Apple Quicktime
I was just thinking about my installation experience the last time I needed to install Quicktime, and how I (seemingly) had to install iTunes with it (which I didn't want, or need), and just saw Susan Bradley's blog talking about this very thing.

Funny enough, the second time I installed it, I managed to find the quicktime only download, but it sure doesn't make me happy when software companies such as Apple try and intentionally make it difficult to only download quicktime player without any additional "stuff". In fact, it makes me want to avoid installing it altogether.

Go to the Quicktime download site, and see if you can find the standalone installed for Quicktime, without looking REALLY hard for it.

Newsflash to Apple: You aren't earning fans by doing this.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger